General Membership Information
- Membership is open to any person residing in Avon less than three years. Active membership must be continuous. Membership may be continued for seven years. Thereafter, they are eligible to join our sister organization, Encore.
- Annual dues of $30 are payable by October 15th. New members joining the Club after January 1st will pay half the amount of the annual dues for that fiscal year. General Meetings are held periodically during the year from September through May at 9:30am at the West Avon Congregational Church, 280 Country Club Road, unless otherwise listed in the program booklet or newsletter.. Meetings begin with coffee and refreshments, sometimes followed by a program presented by local experts on topics of general interest. These meetings are a great way to come check out the group and meet some of our other members. Babysitting is available at the General Meetings for a nominal charge. Membership also allows you to participate in any of our interest groups and you will receive 8 newsletters (see below).
- Our facilities are rented from West Avon Congregational Church.
- Election of our Executive Officers consists of a nominating committee that offers a slate of one candidate for each designated office at the March General Meeting and in the March newsletter. Floor nominations for the Executive Board are taken immediately following presentation of the slate. If there are no nominations from the floor, then nominations are closed and the election takes place immediately. If nominations are received form the the floor, elections are held during the April General Meeting and results announced. Officers assume official duties beginning at the May luncheon. The Executive Board elects are Committee Chairpersons. Board meetings are held monthly from September to May.
- A Directory of Membership will be provided to all members. This information is confidential and available to Avon Newcomers Club members only. Its use is restricted to social purposes only and cannot be used for business solicitation in any way.
- Our Newsletter is published monthly. All information regarding the Interest Group activities, for the month, will be contained therein. If you wish to submit any information to the newsletter editor, the deadline for submission is the 10th of each month. Please deliver your materials to the as early as possible to ensure that your article appears in the next issue. If for some reason you do not receive your newsletter, please contact the newsletter editor directly.
- New Resident Coffees are scheduled periodically throughout the year to welcome those of you new to Avon. Please contact the 1st vice president/membership regarding dates. We welcome the opportunity to get to know you, make friends and aid you in making your transition to Avon an easy one.